I can't download music and video from computer to ipod or…

I can't download music...

I can't download music and video from computer to ipod or iphone.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Ios11 2.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Updated phone. It has been forever but I never have had to download video or music from itunes until now. I have tried to open files from computer and put into phone from itunes (phone shows up on itunes when plugged into computer).

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I would like to have the music and video on my ipod vice phone but it seems my ipod AND my phone won't accept anything from itunes and in fact my itunes does not like some files from my computer. It's very random. Itunes also has a tendency to lock up and I have to reboot.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not sure what' s going on here.....hello
3/9/2018
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

Welcome to JustAnswer.com. My name is***** give me a minute or two to look over your case. If there are any more details that you wish to give me regarding your case, type them in the box below and click the 'reply to expert' button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt. The remote service is guaranteed to to help and fix your problem.

Thank you,
Jason

Are you trying to sync your iPhone with a Windows computer or a Mac computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
windows

Thank you for responding. Many different things can be causing this problem with Windows & iTunes. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My itunes won't allow downloading from the computer (windows). It use to but now not. I also need a wav file downloaded onto ipod.

May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Okay. What does mean when you say that, "itunes won't allow downloading from the computer"?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have music and video that is downloaded onto my computer that I need to transfer to my ipod and maybe my phone if I can't get it onto my ipod. I need this ASAP for a training that I need to learn by tomorrow. I have tried 1/2 day yesterday and a few hours today.

Okay. What problem are you having when you attempt to sync the music and videos?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It won't. The music is there in itunes (in light gray- not loading just looking like it's going to and nothing is happening). The video- forget it. Nothing. Keep trying to pull it from computer and drag into video on ipod. Tried opening and putting it into through the file menu option. Nothing.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I do a screen shot so you can see what's happening with the music?

I can remotely connect and look at what you are seeing, if you wish.

I understand. In iTunes, in the left column, click Music, now on the right side is "Sync Music" checked or unchecked?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is no "music". There is recently added, artistist, albunms, etc.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know there is a way to get to sync but I swear it's such an ordeal each time trying to find it. I do have to sync but it's like 5 clicks to get to it.

It sounds like there is some issue with iTunes. I understand that you don't want me to remotely connect and fix it for you. Are you still against me remotely connecting and fixing it. All of my work is guaranteed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK but guarantee means I get this fixed right? ;)
It's $5.00 more correct. Not per time.

Yes, that is correct. I am not paid for my time. I am paid per task.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK

Thank you. I will get that ready for you. After you click the "Securely Connect" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here. That will be the last charge for today.

Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We have 1/2 hour then I have to pick up kids and we can resume for maybe 45 more minutes

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

You must run the application below on a computer. It will not work on any phone or tablet.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 31
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
here

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 90

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Jason Jones, Computer Expert