Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

My ASUS laptop is still running Restarting after 13 hours

My ASUS laptop is still running Restarting after 13 hours What do I need to do to get my pc working again?
JA: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Asus?
Customer: Q551L Windows 10
JA: What have you tried so far with your Asus? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No updates recently, I have the laptop needing to "restart" on occasion, but nothing like this situation and this long a periodof time
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of at this time

Welcome to JustAnswer.com. My name is***** give me a minute or two to look over your case. If there are any more details that you wish to give me regarding your case, type them in the box below and click the 'reply to expert' button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt. The remote service is guaranteed to to help and fix your problem.

Thank you,
Jason

As it stands, what is displayed on your computer screen?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
A green screen with Restarting, and a typical background circle going around

It sounds like the update has froze the computer. Press and hold the power button on the computer until it turns off. Once it turns off, turn it back on. Once it comes back up, we can start the remote option.

1) Once the computer comes back on, go to the following page on the computer.
2) On the computer, go to: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com
3) On the computer, on that page, enter the code: 50
4) Click the Circle/Arrow button and run the program.