What do you recommend for transferring data from an old slow…

What do you recommend for...
What do you recommend for transferring data from an old slow laptop to my new ASUS? Brute force or a program that I'll only need once?
3/9/2018
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

Welcome to JustAnswer.com. My name is***** give me a minute or two to look over your case. If there are any more details that you wish to give me regarding your case, type them in the box below and click the 'reply to expert' button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt. The remote service is guaranteed to to help and fix your problem.

Thank you,
Jason

Are you just wanting to transfer documents, music, pictures, and other types of files?

In that case, you can just use an external drive to do that. You can copy the files to the drive from the old computer and then copy from the drive to the new computer. Does that make sense or would you like some help with that?

Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Thanks, that's what I am trying

Thank you. If you have any problems with that, please let me know.