I purchased a JB-10-5200 power bank and can not get it to…

I purchased a JB-10-5200...

I purchased a JB-10-5200 power bank and can not get it to charge more than 80%. I'm not sure want to do. I have been trying to charge it for a long period of time.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Power bank for charging cell phone or computer.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Apple

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple phone? What have you tried so far?

The power bank won't turn on if i try to charge the phone. But I'm still trying to charge the power bank to 99%. But it won't charge over 80%

3/9/2018
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. New power banks need to be cycled several times before they can be charged fully. Discharge it to about 10% then recharge it again. Do this for 4 or 5 cycles. If it still does not charge to near 100% then it may be defective.

Let me know how you come out please.

How do I discharge it ? It won’t turn on to try and charge my phone or laptop
How do i discharge it, if it won't turn on to charge my phone or laptop?

You shouldn't need to turn it on. Just plug it into a device that needs to be charged and it will come on automatically.

It doesn’t

Are you connecting it to something that needs a charge?

While it is connected, press the power button of the 5200 5 times and see if it will initiate a charge cycle.

No it does not, nothing happens

Then return it. I have read of a lot of problems with the particular power pack so you might want to consider something else?

Ok thank you,

My pleasure!

Dan, Computer Support Specialist