I wish to have wifi in our barn which is 800 feet away from…

I wish to have...

I wish to have wifi in our barn which is 800 feet away from our home .this is to set up security camera

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

ARRIS

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

We just bought the Netgear orbi ac2200. box states 5,000 feet.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Will this provide wifi coverage to barn?

3/9/2018
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Do you have electrical outlets in your barn?

no

Thank you. If you plug in one of the repeaters in the barn and have the other on the side of your house that faces the barn, you shouldn't have any issue.

no,just answer my question.will this netgear orbi work,or shall I return it for another model?
thank you. what is the max distance?

It's hard to say because Netgear measures in sq. ft. Each unit can cover 2000 sq. ft. This means, with a barn that is 800 feet, you should be fine because there are few obstacles. Only 2 walls will stand in the way, so there should not be a barrier issue and 800 feet should not be a problem.

Ricky Expert

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of this page. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day!