I bought a new microsoft surface pro and best buy did

Customer Question
I bought a new...

I bought a new microsoft surface pro and best buy did initial set up. I do not know what my microsoft login or password ***** ***** I tried to login with my outlook email and password ***** it would not work and now i am locked out for 24 hours. is there a way to creat a new account and password?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Outlook account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I don't know, best but did the set up 2 months ago and I can't find my paperwork

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I just need to get a new microsoft id and password ***** i can use this computer

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
3/9/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 5 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Have you put any of your personal data on the surface yet?

Please let me know

I did give the Best Buy guy some info, what are you referring to.

ok, In this situation you have to reinstall windows, there is no way to get around this. It will remove all your data and return the computer to new, but you cannot avoid this, it is the whole point of the security.

To do this, hold the SHIFT key on the keyboard and with it held down, click on the power icon on the screen then restart.

Keep shift held down until it has restarted and your at a menu.

Choose from this menu, Troubleshoot, then Reset My PC.

You will have to choose to remove all your files for this to work.

Let this complete and once it has, you will need to setup your computer again just like when you first received it.

Let me know please how you go.

I just want to either make a new Microsoft account and password ***** this computer or somehow find out what the current microsoft account name is ***** ***** the password *****

You need to reset the computer if you do not know it, this was the instructions I gave

In this situation you have to reinstall windows, there is no way to get around this. It will remove all your data and return the computer to new, but you cannot avoid this, it is the whole point of the security.

Let me know please how you go.