I need to reset my password as computer won't let me in

Customer Question
I need to reset...

I need to reset my password ***** computer won't let me in using the one I have used for years. Help Please

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

My hp compouter

Technician's Assistant: What HP model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Inspirin I think

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

Windows i believe

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

NO, but I believe that Windows tried to update.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, why can't I just be given my old password ***** I can log on, I get so frustrated trying to do this type of stuff, I was just born way before the tech age.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/9/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what is the operating system of the Windows computer, is it a Windows 10/8/7?