I have a Lenovo yoga number 2 pro laptop computer model

Customer Question
I have a Lenovo...

I have a Lenovo yoga number 2 pro laptop computer model 20266 manufactured November 13, 2009. It shuts off intermittently even with a full charge and strong internet service. Is my battery going bad? Can it be replaced? I don't see we're I can open it to replace battery. Advise & thank you.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try charging your Yoga from a different power source?

No but its currently 99% charged. I'm at a hotel.

Technician's Assistant: Are you using the charger that came with your Yoga, or an aftermarket charger?

Came With the laptop.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Lenova model ADLX65SDC2A

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
3/9/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 5 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Yes after almost 10 years of use the battery will need to be replaced.

The battery is built in and needs to be replaced at a service center:

https://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/ordersupport/

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Is there a way to test the battery. I rarely use the battery except a few times a year in the past 3 years. Advise.

If the battery is not used regularly, i.e. charged and discharged at least once a week then it will reduce its lifetime even further.

The battery needs to be charged and discharged regularly to keep it working.

To test the battery: if the tablet works ok when connected to the charger but loses power quickly when disconnected from the charger then this confirms that the battery is faulty.

Pete.

Hi, just following up on your question - did my answer help?

If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Hi, just checking in on your question again. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.