I'm trying to use my Passport Ultra on a new computer. I…

I'm trying to use...

I'm trying to use my Passport Ultra on a new computer. I can't get any recognition from the computer that I'm connected. I tried to download WD Discovery app on line and was successful butit doesn't do anything for me - What do I do and where do I go? I still have to find a way to erase the data on my Passport which was hacked when my old computer was hackked and I don't want to carry that crap onto my new laptop.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

I've got windows 10 64 bit

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your WD software?

This evening just about a half hour ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Since I don't know what to add, I guess not

3/9/2018
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good afternoon/evening! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

I'm happy to help fix this. Would you like to do the remote service so i can see and fix this issue OR would you like to tell me more over chat and I can give you some options to try?

Specialist Sean S.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=73ba5bd4-2821-472e-9538-30fc4ee44d6d

^^... Thank you!... Go to this link and follow all the prompts to download the run the program. I'll be connected once you do. Please let me know within 5 minutes if we're not connected. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's over 10 minutes and still no contact with Sean.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What seems to be the problem?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do believe I have downloaded but nothing has opened.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do believe I have downloaded but nothing has opened or happened.

It hasn't opened yet. Can you check your downloads? It should be called Elsnore Screen Connect

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do believe I have downloaded but nothing has opened or happened.I just opened the download and all it does is ask if it's OK to make changes to my computer, to which I say yes.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do believe I have downloaded but nothing has opened or happened.I just opened the download and all it does is ask if it's OK to make changes to my computer, to which I say yes.Now what?

Can you try the link one more time? There might be something stopping it. I have the remote session open still

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It says the program launched - again but nothing more

Which version of Windows are you using?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It says the program launched - again but nothing more windows 10 64bit

Can you try this one? If needed, save it to your computer and open the download after ---> http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=9b9ec21c-3cf8-4e1b-b834-7d89bf35ccee

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm using WINDOWS 10, 64 bit version

That shouldn't matter. Can you try another program that might help this work better. Can you go to Teamviewer.com and download the program and run it. Let me know once you have a USER ID and PASSCODE and post them on this chat. I can connect that way

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The Teamviewer ID IS 681 634 996 and the password ***** *****

One moment

Is there a firewall or antivirus you can disable temporarily? It appears that's blocking me as well and said authentication rejected on my end

You might have something blocking all incoming connections

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
firewall off.

Okay. I'll try again. Can you disable any antivirus as well for right now? You can usually right click the icon on the bottom right corner and select it that way

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
McAfee SafeConnect turned off

Okay. That changed things a bit I believe. Is the ID and password ***** same?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
As far as I know. I didn't do anything with teamviewer except copy the ID and password *****

Can you close the program and re-open it? Let me know if both sets of numbers are the same or have changed

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can't log in to teamworks. It's getting late for my 85 year old eyes and bones so I'll have to call it a night and try again earlier tomorrow evening and we can start playing games again. Thanks for yur help and perhaps we'll connect again.

Hi, the remote session starting working at some point and I can connect now. let me know when you're free and we can go from there. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I wrote the review last evening and cancelled my membership this morning.
I took my problem external hard drive to the recycling center while on my way to purchase a new one. Thanks but I do not need further assistance.
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S.