Last evening when I was upgrading my drivers, Microsoft came…

Last evening when I...

Last evening when I was upgrading my drivers, Microsoft came on and said I had to install latest version of Microsoft 10 which they did, took hours. When I try to sign in I am recognized and ow is accepted but I get the message that User Profile service failed the sign in. User cannot be loaded.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Windows 10 on the laptop, other devices are Apple

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Microsoft software?

Last night was the night they installed the latest version. I had not used my laptop much I. The last month

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to get into the laptop and also make sure this upgrade was legitimate, seemed right.

3/8/2018
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. The message you receive when trying to log in means your user account is corrupt, likely due to a bad driver update. Who was updating your drivers? Windows 10 automatically takes care of that for you during windows updates, it is not something that one usually needs to do themselves.

Chris L., Support Specialist
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am using a driver update program I’ve had for about a year.

I would not suggest you use a driver update program ever. Are you currently on the computer you were doing the updates on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am ready

I can have a look and see what is going on.
Please click HERE and then click agree, a file called elsinore screen connect will download and you need to click that and allow it to run.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am working here on my iPad as I can’t access my computer

Ok, I can't remotely connect to an ipad. On the computer hold down the Shift key and restart it while shift is held down, this should get you to a blue screen with some options. Once there let me know the options shown to you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Got the blue screen!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still blue, trying to loyal but nothing showing but it said just a moment

Great job, now do the following.

Click on Advanced Startup.
Click on Troubleshoot.
Click on Advanced options.
Click on System Restore.

When system restore opens choose a date that is before you did any driver update and click next. It may take a little while to finish but when the computer reboots you should be able to log in as normal. Going forward do not use any driver update software, you don't need it and things like this can happen. If you need further help let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No options showing just went back to request sign in
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Trying to sign, saying just a moment never showed any options
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This did not help at all.

Ok try rebooting again holding down the shift key. Don't try and sign in, when it gets to the log in screen there will be a power button on the bottom right, click that hold the SHIFT key and choose restart and do not let go of shift until you get to the recovery screen options.

When you do make it to the recovery screen you will choose these options, do not choose any others or you could wipe your computer, make sure you do system restore.

Click on Advanced Startup.
Click on Troubleshoot.
Click on Advanced options.
Click on System Restore.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Definitely not getting there says preparing automatic repair

Ok thats ok, let that go and see if it brings you to the the screen I am talking about which will sometimes do after 3 unsuccessful reboots.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It shows the the critical update but only shows a back or cancel button

choose back

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I went thru the steps but now it shows the date of the critical update but only the back or cancel buttons are available, the ne t button or scan button are grayed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay, now what

Do you mean you got system restore open? You need to select something if so to c9ontinue like critical update or you may see the option to show more restore points

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No l am just at the screen which tells me it can restore when I click next I I
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I get the screen which doesn’t let me scan or click next
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It just shows the one critical update which I the one done last night
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
but the next button is grayed, not active

Can you click on critical update? and when you do then can you click next?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, can only click on back
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay worked this time

Ok good, it may take up to 30 minutes to finish sometimes longer sometimes shorter so just let it be. When it is done it will reboot and then you can try and log in.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It tells me that if I ha e changed my own recently, which I did yesterday I need to create a backup disk. Do t k ow how to do that

Did it run system restore or no?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will if I dint need to do a backup disk, If I don’t will I get back on my computer?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Shall I just run the restore? And hope it will accept my password.

If chose system restore and not reset then you should not need a backup disc. They are always good to have so if you can make one go ahead and do so. But really what system restore does is restore your drivers and system files to an earlier point. It doesn't touch your personal data.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay I will start it now. It will take some time
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now the update of windows 10 that was done last night will be wiped out too?

Yes but that is ok because windows will download it again. You never need to update drivers on your own, they get updates through windows update. If system restore does not resolve the issue it means that you do not have a restore point that is older than when the damage occurred. If that is the case do the following:

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What is the following?

Once again do the SHIFT restart method to get to the blue screen, this time choose advanced options - start up settings and then hit restart. This should get you into safe mode.

Once in safe mode Click Start - Settings - Accounts - Family & other peope - Add someone else to this PC - Choose I dont hav ethis persons sign on information - Choose Add a user without a microsoft account - create a new administrator user account/

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you Chris

You are very welcome.

Chris L., Support Specialist