How do I get rid of the camera and lock screen. Dell makes…

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get rid of the camera and lock screen

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your camera?

Dell makes the camera it is part of the computer

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Dell?

Please just tell me how to get rid of the camera and lock screen

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes the camera too often does not work

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
3/8/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 5 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue.

Are you referencing getting rid of facial recognition function?

Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 5 months ago

To turn off Windows Hello which is the camera face recognition by following these steps.

Open settings.

Choose accounts.

Click sign-in options.

Under Windows Hello box click on Remove button.

Now restart your system, and Hello should be disabled.

If you have an older notebook which you upgraded to Windows 10 you may have a program called Fast Access. There were some older versions of Fast Access that doesn’t work well with Windows 10. Launch Fast Access and choose the security tab and click on “turn Fast Access off”.

I am extremely disappointed in Dell in forcing me to sign up for the answer service
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 5 months ago

They are a separate company from us my friend.. I am just a technician who helps customers as best as I can.

Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 5 months ago

I have no idea what the circumstances were that brought you to our site but im here to do the very best i can for you

to get the answer on disabling HELLO AND feel that this is an extreme imposition and I would not buy another DeLL product
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 5 months ago

Im very sorry you feel that way but please understand I am just a computer technician.

Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 5 months ago

Did the instructions work for you? I want to make sure you are helped