I want to remove the software program Family Tree Maker by…

I want to remove...

I want to remove the software program Family Tree Maker by MacKiev from my computer so I can reload it to see if I can get it to work better.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Did you click Start and open the Programs control panel to uninstall the software?

Is that the gear symbol? I couldn't find family tree maker on the list of apps.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

3/8/2018
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Please check if you can find the program this way:

Right-click the start menu button and from the menu, select Run.

The Run box will open.

In the text area type: appwiz.cpl and click OK.

The Programs and Features window will open.

Is Family Tree Maker in the list of programs?

No I still can't see it.
Fran
Fran, Computer Support Specialist

Hi My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting today

1 in the search lower left type this in "Control Panel"

2 Click on the control panel app

3 Change the top right view by to Category if it isn't already in categories

4 select programs

5 select programs and features

6 find the program you want to uninstall

7 double click on it and select yes uninstall

Are you able to find it?

I don't understand the text.

Can you find control panel?

Do you see the box in the bottom left that reads "Type here to search"?

here

Fran
Fran, Computer Support Specialist