Need ip address for phone. Samsung galaxy j3. Yesterday no…

Customer Question
Need ip address for...

Need ip address for phone

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Samsung galaxy j3

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Galaxy? What have you tried so far?

Yesterday no wi fi connection in house

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

My phone keeps saying it needs ip address and I have the number but it won't take it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
3/8/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any other device which is connected to the same WiFi network and May I know whether those devices are working fine?

my computer is good, my phone and wife phone don't have wi fi connection.
if no answer, going off site

In this case we can try to restart and remove the previous network.

Step 1

1. From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings > Wi-Fi.
    These instructions apply to standard mode only.
  2. Tap the connected Wi-Fi network.
    If unavailable, ensure Wi-Fi is enabled (located in the upper right).
  3. Tap FORGET.

Step 2

1. Reboot the phone
  2. Reconnect the phone to the WiFi network. Check if you are able to access your internet.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you