Virus notification received, when discussed with person he…

Virus notification received, when...

Virus notification received, when discussed with person he wanted access to my computer. I purchased Defender Pro and want you to check my computer

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

My PC at home

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

HP Pavilion 500 PC model 500-c60

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Pavilion?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?

For some reason, Defender Pro icon as disappeared from the screen. It has been a while for any need for assistance.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

A good check-up and return the Defender Pro icon.

3/8/2018
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue.

First lets discuss this... You got a virus notification on your screen and it had a phone number you called?

Michael T

Please read this and let me know once you have by clicking on reply. Defender Pro is classified as a rogue because it pretends to be an anti-virus program, but will instead displays bogus scan results, report non-existing computer infections, and does not allow you to run your normal applications.
In this case, not only is Defender Pro going to disrupt your system, it’s going to try and trick you into making a purchase using your credit card.
Defender Pro 2015 appears in the form of a fake Windows warning on your computer system that reads you have a specific number of viruses on your computer (usually in the hundreds) and that this software has detected those viruses. To get rid of them you must purchase the full-version of Defender Pro. It’s important to remember that by purchasing the “claimed full version to remove the viruses” you will be submitting your personal information to unscrupulous persons and may also end up being a victim of credit card or identity fraud or theft.

To protect itself from being removed, Defender Pro will also terminate any application you try to run on your computer. It does this to protect itself from being removed by legitimate security programs and to scare you into thinking your programs are infected.

I am going to ATTEMPT a remote session with you BUT it is very likely that it will terminate our connection.

I will see my filters to try and subdue the attack but it MAY still not work..

Lets try.....

Click HERE then click RUN or OPEN to install it then enter code 78318

Please get on the phone with your bank and cancel that card you used to purchase it immediately