Nothing with the computer. Yesterday, 3/7 there was an

Nothing with the computer...

Nothing with the computer. Yesterday, 3/7 there was an electricity outage and this morning my phone - landline - is not working. What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

I don't have a smart phone - I'm an old lady who does not go for hi-tech stuff. My phone is a 2 hand-set AT&T model

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

I've tried to place a call and instead of the normal ring, I get 3 beeps and then the thing goes dead

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

As I said, this phone, as far as I know, is NOT a smartphone

3/8/2018
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the make and model of the phone please?

Thank you

It's a 2 handset AT&T, regular land-line, no fancy stuff

thanks

Please remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the handset

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, put the batteries in the handset and tell me if it then functions correctly.

Please let me know the results

Thank you

It is working, thank you, ***** ***** I gave you my credit card information...it works for everybody else! I last used it on Tuesday in the grocery store and there were no complaints.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Computer Specialist