I am a business owner and I have been emailing my contact…

I am a business owner...
I am a business owner and I have been emailing my contact list for years now with updates and information. We know these people and have sent out emails all the time. Suddenly yesterday our message was returned as blocked and rejected. We need to know how to fix this. How can we make this not happen in the future?
3/8/2018
Micky
Micky, Lead Systems Engineer

I understand your email was returned as blocked or rejected.

To better understand your issue, can you please:

1) provide the email program that are you using to send your email

2) provide the full error / returned email message (or attach an image with the error)

3) does this happens only to a specific receipt domain (for example: @yahoo.com) or for different domains?

4) is your computer in a domain, or a standalone workstation?

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1. We are signed in to our gmail account.2. Here is a copy:
Error Icon
Message blocked
Your message to***@******.*** has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.
LEARN MORE
The response was:
Message rejected. See https://support.google.com/mail/answer/69585 for more information.Final-Recipient: rfc822;***@******.***
Action: failed
Status: 5.0.0
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; Message rejected. See https://support.google.com/mail/answer/69585 for more information.
Last-Attempt-Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2018 13:11:09 -0800 (PST)---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tina Chisholm <*****@******.***>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Cc:
Bcc:***@******.***
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 16:10:36 -0500
Subject: Calling All Florida Ladies - Miss Florida United States​Calling all Florida Ladies!Enter today for Amazing Opportunities at Miss Florida United States; from National competition to a year's worth of appearances to the opportunity to walk in New York Fashion Week 2.0, Florida United States offers it all! Enter today to receive your special discount! Each division has a prize package valued over 2,000 dollars! For more information please contact me.Tina Chisholm, Director(###) ###-####Miss Florida United States3. It happened to gmail, outlook, hotmail, aol, cfl.rr.com, yahoo, icloud, mail.usf.edu.4. standalone workstation
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This was the error icon message:Message blocked
Your message to *******@mail.usf.edu has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.
LEARN MORE

According to the Google documentation that you are redirected to https://support.google.com/mail/answer/69585

It might be an issue wit the "To: undisclosed-recipients:;"

Column and semi-column in the "To" should not be accepted by gmail.

Please also consider that this mail might be considered a sort of spam and being blacklisted.

This is clearly described on Google official support page:

https://support.google.com/a/answer/1071514?hl=en

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We've reviewed our to list and do not see any discrepencies with symbols and letters. If it's being considered spam and being blacklisted, how can we fix that? Like I previously mentioned, we've sent out emailed to our contact list before with emails very similar to this one. Why all of a sudden was it rejected by everyone?

A spam filter, use a "confidence" level based on many factors: number of recipients, confidence of sender, destination country and origin country, and use a Bayesian filter to calculate if the text match some other email marked by users as spam.

Moreover your domain/ip address might be blacklisted in some DNSBL list.

There are various reason why your email was blocked only now and not before:

- gmail outbound spam filter is updated from time to time to decrease the spam level.

- some of your recipient might have marked one of your message as spam.

- you have added more recipients to your list.

- your domain has been inserted in a DNSBL list.

1) Can you try to send the same email to a single gmail user? It is working?

2) Can you please provide your public ip address? You can get it from site similar to this: https://www.whatismyip.com/

Please also consider that:

- Google does not provide support to free gmail account so you will not be able to contact them

- if you own a business and you have a G suite / Gmail business account, you can open a ticket with Google support and get your email checked but I doubt you will get whitelisted.

Best Regards

Additionally to my previous comment, please check:

"Bulk Senders Guidelines" https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126

And some limits for G Suite (the business version of Gmail, your free Gmail have lower limit not stated on the support site):

"Gmail sending limits in G Suite" https://support.google.com/a/answer/166852?hl=en

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your help! We tried sending the email to individuals and it went through just fine. Thank you for all your suggestions.

You are more than welcome!

Please also remember that Google is very strict when speaking about spamming and if you want to mass mail there are other free provider to do that without any limitation.

Please don't forget to value my work with a positive feedback.

Thank you!

Micky
Micky, Lead Systems Engineer
Micky
Micky
Micky, Lead Systems Engineer