I can't get in to change my phone # for my two step reset…

Customer Question
I can't get in...

I can't get in to change my phone # for my two step reset because the phone number used is no longer available,\. i had to change it because it was hijacked by scammers and sadly i didn't change my settings before i changed the number. i need to access my account to unfreezemy surface pro 4 which is out of warranty,

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

I used my phone with that # 3/6/18, but i was getting threatening calls from others who were getting calls from my number so i changed the number through my carrier to stop them from using that number.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

Are you talking about my phone or the surface?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 4 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Is the issue you are trying to sign into your Surface, but you forgot the password ***** because you do not have the phone you are unable to reset the password *****?

Please let me know

Thank you

no my surface will not recognize my pin code . when i try to reset i need to sign in to microsoft but again it says my pass word is wrong. When i to reset it i can't because i setup up the 2step security based on the old number and i can't get the recovery number because i can't login. chicken and egg thing.

ok, then there is no way to reset this online as you used an internal account, not an email address as the sign in.

In this situation you have to reinstall windows, there is no way to get around this. It will remove all your data and return the computer to new, but you cannot avoid this, it is the whole point of the security.

To do this, hold the SHIFT key on the keyboard and with it held down, click on the power icon on the screen then restart.

Keep shift held down until it has restarted and your at a menu.

Choose from this menu, Troubleshoot, then Reset My PC.

You will have to choose to remove all your files for this to work.

Let this complete and once it has, you will need to setup your computer again just like when you first received it.

Let me know please how you go.

no

no what sorry?

as I've said i need to get the recovery key for that i need to sign into windows support, since it will not accept my password *****'m stuck. thanks for your advice. good bye.
Tech Support Specialist: Ugo A, Computer Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Ugo A
Ugo A, Computer Software Engineer

Good afternoon,

my name is***** to clarify, I'll give an overview of what I believe your situation to be.

1) you're using two-step authentication

2) (assumption) you've recently changed your phone number but failed to update this number for your two-step authentication

My question now is what did you use two-step authentication with ? Is this a website or something else ? Once I know this, I can better help you. Thanks.

I cancelled The membership with Just Answer I DONOT WANT TO BE CONTACTED BY YOU OR ANY OTHER TECH CONNECTED WITH THIS ISSUE. I NEVER EVER want anyone to access my computer. please make this your last contact to my email or phone.