Can ROM be classified as secondary memory?

Customer Question
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/8/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Domijones Manalo, System Administrator replied 4 months ago
Domijones Manalo
Domijones Manalo, System Administrator

Hi!

Thank you for your question. I am Domijones and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

ROM depends on what you wanted to refer as a secondary memory. But ROM is a non-volatile memory. This kind of memory retains its contents even if the computer was shutoff or restarted.

The types of ROM include PROM, EPROM and EEPROM. If you will research for this, it is a memory that is used to store firmware, but not data files that you can retrieve anytime. But in they are not limited to just storing firmware.

Thank you.

Domijones

ROM can also be classified as primary memory

Yes, it can be referred to as a primary memory, but depends on the machine or electronic device. But if you refer it to like your computer, the primary memory is the hard drive and ROM cannot even be called as a secondary memory. It is the memory that comes with your computer that is pre-written to hold the instructions for booting-up the computer, like the BIOS.

Remember the Gameboy or VirtualBoy? They refer the games that you can play as ROMs.

Thank you.

Domijones

One more question! I am converting my images stored in MS Word into tiff format (96 dpi) by using Paint. However the journal where I have to submit the paper accepts images in tiff format with 300 dpi. How can I increase the dpi of the images?

You cannot increase the size of the image using the MS Paint. I suggest that you use any picture editing software like GIMP, which is an open source software.

Copy the image from MS Word. Then on GIMP, click New and paste the image. From there, you can edit and save the image to your desired settings.

Thank you.

Domijones.