I have just updated my Skype programme but when I press the…

Customer Question
I have just updated...

I have just updated my Skype programme but when I press the communication button bottom left hand corner it connects to the other person but no photo comes on the screen. I see my own photo but the only photo of the other person is their disc profile photo.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Skype?

Only a matter of a couple of weeks ago

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Skype?

I have tried all the things that I used to do about a month ago. as soon as the other person answered their live room would show and my photo would go to a small box in the top right corner.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this stage

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
3/8/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 1 month ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Is this happening with only one contact in particular or any contact you try to Skype with?

Please let me know

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
well it is only one contact at the moment as I do not have many that I chat to.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will wait to catch you in the office as I have applied to pay the cost to connect but I am not paying to remote.

Ok, you have a test contact called Echo, try with that and tell me what happens please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
where is that on the Skype screen or on my laptop?

On Skype in your Skype contacts

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok I will check that out and let you know. it may be Tuesday Australian time.

No problem, I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have the Echo on my laptop and it shows up on my contact list now so do I chat to them because I tried to Skype my contact tonight but it really has not changed. What do I have to do now that Echo is on my contact list?

yes as a test please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I flicked on the test message but all i got was the recoding on the other end. I said that I can not contact other contacts and they hung up. it was quick to cut off before my message could be replayed. I did not have time to even repeat what I said.

Are you doing this on a windows or mac computer and which version?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am with Microsoft version 8 I think, as it was set up by Optus on a prepaid plan about three years ago. I use a USB stick for the internet. I did not have such trouble up until a few weeks ago so I can not see what the reason is. What is next?
Richard, Computer Specialist