Nothing I'm trying to learn what format I need to save music…

Nothing I'm trying to...

Nothing I'm trying to learn what format I need to save music videos to play on sd card in car stereo

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Its my boyfriends but the info I have is xdvd267BT

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

Just tried to download then tested on stereo but it didn't work. just wanted to know what file type to save it under

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Cris
Cris, Support Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

hi and ty

When saving music files you need to save them as .mp3

I also recommend when placing on the SD card for radio play. Do not place the files in any folder just copy right to the root of the SD card.

Let me know if this helps or answers your question. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top.

mp3 is not just audio?

Wait, I am sorry.

You want to save video files is that correct?

I apologize I misread the question. I read music.

If they are video files you will want to save them in mp4 or avi. But mp4 plays in HD and avi does not.

Also save them on the root of the drive.

By root of the drive, I'm actually using an sd card, do you mean just save them on card and not in a file?

That is correct just save them right onto the card do not place in any folder. This makes it easier for your car to read the files.

Ok i will try that. if i need any more info can i ask you directly?

Yes, you should have an email from JustAnswer.com within the email. There is a Respond button, click on it and it will bring you right back here.

Send me a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can. You are notified via email once I respond as well.

Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Thank you Cris