I just got and e-mail from Pay Pal that my account had be…

Customer Question
I just got and...

I just got and e-mail from Pay Pal that my account had be charged 372.00 in Easter Island. My email is *****@******.***)I I wrote a long e-ail to them and it was not able to be sent.I explained that i hardly ever you my pay pal account, mostly just my credit card. I would like to know what I should as I am not technically savy at the age of 80. Help.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update PayPal?

I don't think I have ever updated it- by son signed me up, but as far as I know I haven't used it- I always just use my credit card VISA from USbank

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your PayPal?

Nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/8/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 4 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist. I am sorry to hear about this issue with Paypal. What I would recommend doing first is filing a dispute claim through PayPal directly. This is the best way to get this started with them. To start a claim you need to:

1. Log in to your PayPal account. (Https://www.paypal.com)
  2. Open a dispute in the Resolution Center within 180 calendar days of your purchase.
  3. Click “Dispute a Transaction.”
  4. Select item dispute.

You can also verify if the money left your account here. You should see the transaction showing up on the paypal dashboard it if truly left your account. Sometimes you will receive emails that look like they come from Paypal, but they are actually just spam emails themselves.

If the payment truly went through, I would also call your bank, if you have your bank account linked to Paypal, and let them know the issue. They should be able to freeze those charges as well to stop the transaction, and any future ones.

If you feel more comfortable calling Paypal directly, their phone number is: 1(###) ###-####/p>

Please let me know if I can be of more assistance to you. Good Luck with this.

If this helped, please rate me 5 stars!

Thanks,
Jamie

Hello, did you need any further assistance with this? Let me know if you do.

Thanks,
Jamie