How can I stop my Satellite laptop computer going off

Customer Question
How can I stop...

How can I stop my Satellite laptop computer going off automatically after a period of time?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Sattelite L50t-a Windows 8.1

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Satellite? Have you installed any updates recently?

Haven't tried anything. Did a refresh yesterday which cancelled all previous settings. Can't remember how to set for always on.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
3/7/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you. In Windows 8 you want to go into "Control Panel". In Control Panel select "Power Options".

To get into Control Panel, in the upper right hand corner, move your mouse cursor down and then select "Search". In that Search box you can type in "Control Panel". Look for "Choose or customize a power plan".

Click on "Change Plan Settings" next to the power plan that is enabled with a block dot. You can adjust settings like "putting the computer to sleep" or "turning off the display". There should be a "Change advanced power settings" link.

Click on that link and a "Power Options" window should open. You can adjust "Sleep" and "Display" settings. What you want to do is adjust the settings for your computer going into sleep mode or hybernation. Also, your monitor will turn off after a period of time.

You can disable your monitor from turning off. Also, you can adjust the time it takes for your computer and or monitor to turn off instead of disabling them entirely.

Thanks,

Aaron