I haven’t used my computer in a few months and I finally…

Customer Question
I haven’t used my...

I haven’t used my computer in a few months and I finally bought a new charger for it and now it won’t turn on and the light that shows if it’s chrging or not won’t come on either what’s wrong

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

A Lenovo ideapad 100s

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your 100S? What have you tried so far?

It was hard to charge before I had to hold it a specific angle and eventually it just didn’t charge so I assumed it was the charger I just bought a new one after 3 months and now it won’t turn on at all. I’ve tried holding the power button I took off the back to see if anything looked out of place and I’ve let it sit for a bit to charge but it still won’t turn on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/8/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. From your description it's clear that the problem is with the charging port of the laptop. That's why it's not charging with the new charger also. Most probably the issue is with charging port soldering from the motherboard or with the internal connector itself. You need to replace that connector. So please contact a laptop service center and they can do it for you.