My computer was slowing down and I received a totally red…

My computer was slowing...

My computer was slowing down and I received a totally red screen that told me not to shut my computer down and to call Microsoft # to help resolve the problem. Well, I shut my computer down thinking this has to be a hacker. So, does microsoft have such a such a security screen for Microsoft 10 users?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have?

My computer is a home built model.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It's happened three times.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I received a call today form someone referring to the screen and suggested it was because a lot of the microsoft aps were not running and that hackers had tried to get into my system. Verified the serial number of the program so I thought they were a microsoft rep. I let them install a program that stopped the external threats. I then realized maybe this was the hack.

3/7/2018
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

That is a scam, it is a bogus attempt to get you to pay for tech support.

It is usually only connected to a web page and the computer itself is not infected.

Do not call the number and if you receive a call, hang up because it is a SCAM!

Microsoft will never contact you in that manner.

These are scam artist cybercriminals pretending to work for Microsoft, Geek Squad, or any other nationally-recognized tech companies. They call their intended victims and claim to have scanned their computers remotely and found viruses on them and claim they will suffer data loss and identity theft in order to gain access to the computer. If you give them access to the computer, they will show a screen with false error messages and require immediate payment to cleanup the “dangerously infected” computer and install “protection” software onto the system.

Please follow the link below for more information.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

If you want me to check for possible threats and unwanted third party software that may have been installed we can use a secure remote screen connection to, this will require downloading a screen connect app to get us started.

Randy Computer Tech
I would like that.I’m worried that they might have installed something to see my passwords or keystrokes for bank accounts. I download it and am running the Microsoft safety scanner now.

okay, thank you. Click on the blue link below and allow the remote session to download then click on the elsinore remote session download and allow the program to run please>http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=f630912a-a083-42ca-a19d-ae797f0a61ad

Once you click on the blue link above, then agree and allow the download to start, when the download finishes, click on the downloaded file to run please.