To save my text. I have an Insignia computer and an old XL…

Customer Question
To save my text ...

To save my text

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I have an Insignia computer and an old XL system. I tried to save five pages of my memoir. Word asked if I wished to replace the previous text on the document, and I said "yes." Then I deleted the previous text on which I had been working. Now I cannot recover what I thought I had saved. Before I logged off, I was asked if I wanted to save the large amount of text I had on clipboard, and I had said "yes." I don't know how to access clipboard. Now what?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. What Insignia model do you have? How old is it?

It is a 2004 model

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Insignia? What happened right before this?

I have not had previous problems

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I have many versions of my memoirs. Versions I and 2 of my previous text are now the same. Neither version saved the text on which I had been working.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
3/8/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 5 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

If you press in a word document, CTRL and V

Do you then see the missing text?

Please let me know

Thank you

I get nothing. What now?
Don
Is there a limit to the support for my question? You asked if I could see the missing text. I could not. Was there a time out? My computer was down through Tuesday.
Don
there is no continuing conversation on my problem other than paying $39? Thanks.
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 5 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Do you still need assistance?

I do. My computer did not respond to the instruction provided to me.
Don

Ok, then if your computer is running Windows XP do the following:

Click the Windows Start menu button and open My Computer.

Double click on C drive

Double-click on the Windows folder.

Double-click on the System32 folder.

Scroll down the page until you locate a file named clipbrd or clipbrd.exe and double click on it.

The text displayed is the last thing saved to the clipboard so if nothing else has been copied since then, the missing text should display.

Please let me know the result.