T440p laptop. About 3 years old. suddenly things have got…

T440p laptop. About 3...

T440p laptop. About 3 years old. suddenly things have got slow. windows explorer taking 40 seconds to open some days, then on other days opens right away. loosing connections on our peer to peer network at the office. Some days the connections stay locked, then suddenly they are lost. some programs take 2 minutes to open instead of right away. So I thought I would try reloading windows 7 and see if it resolves. can you staff guide me through the process?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your laptop?

Lenovo t440p

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your T440P? Have you installed any updates recently?

This started about 5 months ago and I have been putting up with it. not sure if it was after an update but I usually load all the windows updates

3/7/2018
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

The best option will be to use a secure remote screen connection to troubleshoot the issue, this will require downloading a screen connect app to get us started. Will that be okay?

You can reply to me here by typing in the box below please.

Randy Computer Tech
Sure

okay, thank you. Click on the blue link below and allow the remote session to download then click on the elsinore remote session download and allow the program to run please>http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3156662b-f07e-492f-9b51-20f33f47f64d

Once you click on the blue link above, then agree and allow the download to start, when the download finishes, click on the downloaded file to run please.

are we complete for today?

yes, I have resolved the issue via remote support. Let me know if you need anything please.