100 ideapad died, Wont boot up. Replaced battery. No batt…

Customer Question
100 ideapad died, Wont...

100 ideapad died, Wont boot up. Replaced battery. No batt chg light and still wont turn on even with charger plugged in. Checked charger, it is operating. Suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Ideapad 100s

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your 100S? What have you tried so far?

Wont boot up. Replaced battery. No batt chg light and still wont turn on even with charger plugged in. Checked charger, it is operating. Suggestions?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
3/7/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.

ready

Hi

Is there any signs of life on it, e.g lights or that?

Thanks

Kris

no sign of life at all. New batt, plugged into charger, nothing. Hit i/o button and that little reset. Thats why I checked charger with a meter as well.
I paid $150 for it new (old model) at Best Buy, 2 years ago, if its motherboard, etc I assume not worth fixing?

Wow, If all my customers could check the charger with a meter it would make my life a lot easier, haha!

OK so basically it could be the power button or the motherboard, and yes there would be no point in fixing it if it is the motherboard.

If i open it up can I get at the power button to check it or replace it. Might be worth that effort or to replace the button?

Yes I agree, just remove it from the socket and "short" it to see if it turns on.

Otherwise, it will be the motherboard.

THNX! Ill try that.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.
If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.
It has been a pleasure assisting you today.