Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Thirteen years of experience providing computer support for fortune 500 companies and government.
22099314

I have been having problems updating my windows 10 VER.1511

I have been having problems updating my windows 10 VER.1511 for ever. The updates hang up every time that it tries to install the updates. I had Microsoft try to solve this problem several months ago but it was never fixed and windows keeps trying to update almost every day. which is very frusterating. I had Reimage work on the computer and they said to call you as they could not update it either. I need help....
JA: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: Its a Acer Aspire M3970 Desktop with Windows 10
JA: How long has this been going on with your Aspire? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Microsoft worked on it for several hours several months back but it did not solve my issue of getting windows 10 upgraded to the currant Ver. I also had Reimage work on it this morning for 2 hours and then they told me that I would have to call you.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, all I want is to have the computer upgraded with out hanging up and reinstalling the old Ver.

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you. Please download the Windows 10 installation media creation tool. You don't need to create a USB or DVD disc.

You will download Windows 10 updates using this tool and then once it finishes downloading, that tool should begin to upgrade Windows 10. Click on that download link and then select "Run". Select "Accept" on the license terms page.

Select "Upgrade this PC Now" on the "What do you want to do?" page. Then you click "Next". This download can take awhile depending on your Internet connection speed.

Thanks,

Aaron