I cannot unlock or unfreeze my laptop. Windows 8. IT IS A…

Customer Question
I cannot unlock or...

I cannot unlock or unfreeze my laptop. Windows 8

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your laptop?

IT IS A TOSHIBA

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Toshiba? Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes several weeks ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I wonder if the computer is locked up because of a virus or viruses

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/7/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Hold down the power button on the laptop untill it power OFF. Wait 30 seconds. Turn it ON. When you see initial Windows logo screen, hold down the button to power it OFF. Repeat this for three times. Fourth time, let the system start. Then it will start a start-up repir. Let the repair complete and check the result.