My Epson won't correctly print color anymore. I suspect

Customer Question
My Epson won't correctly...

My Epson won't correctly print color anymore. I suspect clogged print head. It prints B&W ok. Its model 2750

Technician's Assistant: What Epson model do you have?

2750

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Epson printer?

One or two weeks.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

That happens automatically. I think within two weeks

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Color cartridges are full

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
3/7/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Nathan, Systems Manager replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Systems Manager

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 5 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print any better, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

I have to caution you up front though that the manual cleaning process is messy and time consuming. It also has a low chance of success, if you see no improvement at all from the automated cleaning. It is most likely a hardware failure (bad head) which the cleaning can’t fix, as printheads are a wear item and do fail with time/use.

Realistically, it’s probably time for a new printer. As this is a 2015 model printer, it is well into if not past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising. While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $150; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

That said, it doesn’t hurt to try, if you wish. Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next, or I can recommend replacement options if you prefer.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I already performed the clean head function 3 times. No change.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

I'm not asking you for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 to ask your question + balance/total upon speaking with me here) noted on the payment page when posting your question for this chat support.

Please complete the cleaning, at least 2 more times.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I assume you are correct when you say the problem is unfixable at a reasonable cost. Thanks. No further contact needed.
You’re welcome
Nathan, Systems Manager