There is a large square box in the lower right corner that…

There is a large...

There is a large square box in the lower right corner that will not go away.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Dell Microsoft 10, the box says Prime Updater

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

About 1 week. I try to click the x, on it and control delete, but doesn't help

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is it.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

That is actually a pretty well known adware program so kind of like a virus.

Are you going to fix it

Did you want me to fix it or should I provide instructions?

Provide instructions

Ok allow a few moments to type them up.

1. Press and hold the iwndows flag key on the keyboard and press R to open a run box. In this box type appwiz.cpl and press enter or you can use the windows 10 search and search control panel and click programs so you get a list of installed programs.

2. From the list look for Prime Updater and right click it and choose uninstall.

3. If it will not uninstall download and run this program first https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/

4. Once it is uninstalled run download the free version of this program and do a scan https://www.malwarebytes.com/

5. Once malwarebytes finishes remove any infected files it finds and reboot the computer.

That should take care of it and anything else on the computer. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Chris L., Support Specialist
Thanks, ***** *****