I bought a new laptop last week. To get started, I put in a…

Customer Question
I bought a new...

I bought a new laptop last week. To get started, I put in a password ***** then was interrupted by house guests. I have tried everything but no longer know that password ***** can go no further in setting it up! What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

It is an HP 17-bs061st. 17.3 Laptop(7thGeneration Intel Core 13, 1TB SATA HD, 8G B DDR4, Windows 10 Intel HD graphics 520. Maybe this is more than you need but included all I think.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

No I just went on the initial set up directions and then put in password. I have Office 365? To install but cannot do that until I get password.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just bought I new IPhone yesterday and talked with a tech person last night about installing Outlook email through an Office set up ... but probably not related to this issue.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/7/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Cris, Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Cris
Cris, Support Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you. Please give me a moment to review your question and provide a solution.

You can reset the your HP laptop back to factory settings this will remove the password ***** have you setup the laptop as brand new again.

Step 1. Power off your laptop, wait for a few minutes and then turn it on.

Step 2. Keep pressing F11 button on your keyboard and select "HP Recovery Manager" and wait until the program is loaded.

Step 3. Continue with the program and choose "System Recovery".

Step 4. Wait while the program installs all the necessary programs and removes the password ***** your laptop.

Step 5. Now you can restart your laptop once the process is finished and you won't require to input any password ***** access your laptop.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting you. Thanks, Cris.

How did you make out? Any luck?