I got a stop and alert from a company stating stop and call…

I got a stop...

I got a stop and alert from a company stating stop and call them. I called and they said I had a virus and they can fix for $599.99. I allowed them into my computer. Is this legit?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

HP desktop and thats about all I know

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your HP? What have you tried so far?

This just happened last night and a guy just called and said he was from Pay Pal and said someone was trying to charge something to my acct but he also said to mash windows ket and type an R and I stopped him

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a case id# ***** AND CUSTOMER #gets-0050

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

This is absolutely a scam, it is very well known and we see this type of tech support scam often. Everything they told you was a lie and they are the ones who created the fake virus pop up. Your computer does not report its status to anyone. Usually what will happen is once you are in contact with them they will lie to you about issues that your computer does not have such as it is being hacked or has viruses. They will then attempt to charge you many hundreds of dollars to fix the fake issues. It sounds like you cut them off before they could get your money which is good. If they try and call you back just hang up and do not speak to them.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
NO, THE ONES THAT I CALLED LAST NIGHT GOT 599.99 OFF OF MY CREDIT CARD. AND THE CARD COMPANY JUST CALLED AND I TOLD THEM IT WAS A FRAUD AND STOP PAYMENT
YOU HAVE EARNED THE 5 STAR RATING.

Thank you very much you can rate using the stars up top and good job realizing they were scamming you, many people get robbed by these fake tech support companies.

Chris L., Support Specialist
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I sent the pmt on my visa credit card 2 times, and are you going to check my computer and fix it?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
please help me

Sorry for the delay it looks like the payment went through now.

Please click HERE and then click agree, a file called elsinore screen connect will download and you need to click that and allow it to run.

We got cut off on restart but that was the last thing we needed to do. I removed over 600 infected files. If you paid that company I would suggest you try and get your money back from whatever service you used to pay them. If they call you which they may just hang up, do not even speak to them and do not allow them access to the computer again. You should be fine now.

Chris L., Support Specialist