I have received message in Yahoo mail over the last 3 or 4…

Hello Pearl...I have received...

Hello Pearl...I have received message in Yahoo mail over the last 3 or 4 days but now they don't show up in my list of messages?

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Yahoo from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

From Chrome

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

I don't think so...I did receive them and read them and then they aren't there

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I think that's it thnx

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/7/2018
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

So you access your email through the chrome browser correct?

Have you tried to change your email password?

No I haven't tried that. Should I?

Yes reset your password ***** login to your email and look for changes

Okay thnx. I will try that

Your welcome and please let me know the outcome

If that doesnt work for some reason hit reply and we will try other things

I changed my password ***** it wouldn't let me sign out of Yahoo...kept taking me to the page that asks me to add another account. No I'm trying a restart of the computer

Thats very odd, you may have virus activity going on here... Lets see what happens after the restart

Okay Michael, I'm back in my Yahoo mail with the new password ***** I still don't see the missing messages

Ok so now we know your account is safe from hackin activity which is good

So are you saying that your email messages have disappeared from your inbox?

Are you sure you are not logged into a different account that you may have?

That's exactly what I'm saying and if I search at the top for that person's name, the emails come up but they are not in the list

Its POSSIBLE that somebody hacked into your account and deleted them which wont happen now you have changed the password... Check your deleted folders and spam folders for the missing mail

It's very strange Michael. There are 3 message which I can get back by searching the sender's name up in the search box but they are not showing up in trash or spam

Yeah somebody must have hacked you and physically removed them

Emails dont just disappear on their own, that much I can tell you

I hear you but if they removed them, why can I still find them?

Because they can be deleted permanently without a single trace

but they aren't permanently deleted if I can find them through the search box, right?

Are you saying you can find the emails your looking for in search?

Can you open them?

Sorry this is incredibly hard without seeing your screen but im trying

that's what I'm saying and have been trying to say from the start. When I search by the sender's name, I can find the emails but they don't show up anywhere else
I can open them and I tried to move them back to my inbox but it didn't work.

Ok sorry totally didn't understand that you could find and open them I though you meant you could find the OTHER emails to that sender....DO you want me to login and take a look?

Sure...that would be great!

Are you able to give me like 20 mins? I sure would appreciate it

that's fine
Do you need me to stay out of my Yahoo account until you're finished?

Thankyou... No once you accept the remote connect above I will send you details on HOW to connect to me

Michael T

Sorry the other session took far longer than anticipated......

Please click HERE then type in code 01661