My laptop won't turn on. Oh gosh I do't know. Nothing, I was…

My laptop won't turn...

My laptop won't turn on

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your laptop?

Oh gosh I do't know

Technician's Assistant: Does your laptop make any noise when rebooted? Are any of the LED lights on?

Nothing, I was traveling and one morning it was just dead

3/7/2018
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please remove the AC Adapter from the computer.

Press and hold the power button for a minute.

Then, release the power button and wait for two minutes.

After that, press the power button to start the computer and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
The AC adaptor isn’t that the power? Sorry I’m a grandma and not techie
How do you do that when there is no power

Yes. the power cable that connects the Laptop to the wall socket.

Thank you.

Customer/p>

Please follow the instructions and let me know the response.

Thank you

Customer/p>
K imt holding the button

Alright. let me know the response.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Done

Then, connect the AC Adapter and try turning it ON. If the computer does not turn ON, let me know the make and model number of the Laptop.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Ok still nothing does it matter which slot I put the cord in

May i know the make and model number of the Laptop?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Lenovo edge 2-1580 model 80 qf

HI,

Remove the AC Adapter once again from the computer and press the power button without the Adapter.

Do you see any light blinking or any response from the computer?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
No

Then, plugin the Ac Adapter and press the power button. Let me know if you get a blink from the power LED.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Nothing. I have it plugged into a power strip. Other things plugged in are working

It seems the issue is with the AC Adapter. Do you have another AC Adapter to try with?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
I don’t. I do have an anker battery thing would that work?

I do not think so. First, you have to check the AC Adapter. Do you see any light on the Adapter?

When you connect the AC Adapter to the computer, do you see the battery/charging LED lit?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
No lights

Then, it will be with the Adapter itself. Can you purchase a same model from any nearby stores?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
I think so I got it at Best Buy I can go out there. Thanks stefin

Alright. First, go with the AC Adapter and check with them. They will check it and give a new one for you.

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Great thx again

If you have any issues, please be back.

Thank you.

Customer/p>