Trying to connect my PS4 to an Acer H203w monitor via

Customer Question
Hi. Trying to connect...

Hi. Trying to connect my PS4 to an Acer H203w monitor via DVI/HDMI cable. Keep getting "input not supported. Monitor resolution says 1600x900. Tried changing res on ps4, but only shows standard 720, 1020

Technician's Assistant: Which DVO product do you have?

What's that?

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your DVO software?

Not sure. How do?I find out?

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

How much is this call going to cost?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
Sorry...X203H Acer monitor
3/7/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Eldon Blake,
 replied 3 months ago
Eldon Blake

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

The fees you paid were displayed (and you had to agree to) as noted on the payment page.

Tech Support Specialist: Eldon Blake,
 replied 3 months ago

The monitor you are trying to use is simply not appropriate for this purpose, and is not directly compatible with your ps4, for several reasons.

One is that the monitor does have a resolution limitation of 1600x900, which is not the right size/format for what your ps4 can output. Additionally, you'd have issues even if you could get it to work because while the home/device screens may possibly show, when you try to use actual content like a game or streaming service, it would just blank out as the monitor does not support hdcp. Lastly, it is a monitor only, so there would be no sound.

For your purposes, this monitor just isn't a fit, and you'd be better off replacing it with a tv. A small tv in this size range is quite inexpensive these days, in the $100 range:

If replacing, I recommend sticking to the name brands, which tend to be the most reliable, such as LG, Panasonic, and Samsung, for example: http://amzn.to/2EgA401

The “off brand” sets just aren’t worth the savings, they have high failure rates and are poorly supported if parts/repairs are ever needed.

If you happen to be a costco member (or know someone who is) I'd suggest buying it there. They tend to have very good pricing to begin with, but will also double the factory warranty to 2 years instead of 1, and they have a square trade extended warranty you can buy up to an extra 5 years which is well worth it.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Eldon

Tech Support Specialist: Eldon Blake,
 replied 3 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.