Locked out of my Vostro 1720 laptop. Windows 8.1. Tried

Customer Question
Locked out of my...

Locked out of my Vostro 1720 laptop

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Vostro?

Windows 8.1

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Vostro? Have you installed any updates recently?

Tried rebooting, tried Controls, Alt, Delete

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/7/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your windows laptop. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

There are a few different ways to get into your Windows laptop depending on what type of account

you have on it. Local or microsoft.

When you put in your password ***** and over do you get a GO TO MICROSOFT ONLINE message

when it errors out?

Is it connected to the internet at this time and you can confirm this?

(if it isn't, it will have a red X or some type of 'not connected icon' through the little tv icon on your login screen)