I have a problem with my yoga 3 pro. machine powers up but I…

Customer Question
Hello Andy: I have...

Hello Andy: I have a problem with my yoga 3 pro. machine powers up but I can get no screen display. I can see the backlighting is operating, but no display at all. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Yoga 3 pro - 1370

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Windows 10 system. Lenovo yoga 3 pro - 1370

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Duration: one week. I've tried the novo button, as well as restarting many times.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/7/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Shefin, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please remove the AC Adapter from the computer.

Press and hold the power button for a minute.

Then, release the power button and wait for two minutes.

After that, press the power button to start the computer and check if the issue persists.

Try it two times if needed.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Tried 3x. No luck. Any other suggestions?

Remove the AC Adapter from the computer and press the power button. Let me know the exact response, even if it is a blink from the power button.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
No response in terms of the display. Can you remotely connect?

Since the computer is not turned ON, we are not able to connect.

Please check the power button and check if you get a blink from the power LED when you press the power button without the AC Adapter.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
The power button is on and steady. The battery light is on and showing good charge.

The power button on ON and steady without the AC Adapter connected. Right?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Right
I can see that the backlight is on — but no display.

So the issue is not with the AC Adapter. Please try hard reset by following the instructions in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBXpIvyaY-E

If the issue persists, you can try the following too.

• Turn off your device.
  • Press and hold Volume Up + Power key at the same time for a few seconds.
  • Release held keys when you see a menu on screen.
  • Press Volume Up to select option "Recovery Mode" and press Volume Down button to confirm
  • Hold down the Power key for a short while, when the Android Image appears on the screen.
  • Choose "wipe data/factory reset", Press Volume Down to select and Volume Up button to confirm.
  • Scroll with Volume Down button to select"Yes--delete all user data" and Volume Up key to select.
  • At the end select "reboot system now

Thank you!

Customer/p>
I reviewed the video; tried the hard reset. Did not produce any display. Backlight still on; power can be turned off and on.

If so, it seems a hardware issue. How old the computer is?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Two years

Two years means it is out of warranty, and I would suggest you contact a local technician, because it need hands on repair. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Ok. Thanks!

You are most welcome!

Thank you.

Customer/p>