I was notified that some one tried to get into my goole

Customer Question
I was notified that...

I was notified that some one tried to get into my goole account

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

My computer

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Apple It's desktop

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

Where do I get that info. It is an old computer

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

I was notified on my cell phone that they were able to block the the person from getting in and that I should alert goole

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I want to know how to block someone from getting in

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/7/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. There have been a lot of scams going around lately meant to steal your information by telling you that someone tried to access your account. This may or may not be one of them so here is what I suggest you do.

What are you suggesting

Make sure you can log in directly at myaccount.google.com then on the left side click signing into google and if it has been awhile since you last changed your password ***** ahead and change it now just to be on the safe side. Also from the my account page you may want to run through the security check up just to make sure all your information is up to date. But I wouldn't worry about it too much, no one had access to the account it sounds like. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.