My other computer is locked on a Microsoft screen. I cannot…

Customer Question
My other computer is...

My other computer is locked on a Microsoft screen. I cannot get by and its froze. I have no password. what to do.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

An older HP computer

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Rt3290. windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

A few days I have tried everything I know to unlock screen.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/7/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue.

What exactly do you see on your screen right now? in detail

the time, Wednesdayy, March 7
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

And if you click screen in the center, it doesnt open up to password *****?

Have you tried to restart it?

it does reveal the password ***** but I am not sure of the password, and it does nothing else.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

Ok You wont get the laptop to function if you do not put in the password.

Is it that you have forgotten it? Do you see a password ***** option

no and it says the PC is off line
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

Do you know how to get to the advanced boot menu?

You are going to have to do a system restore to a previous time when this wasnt happening

no
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

After a reset, if you continuously Press the F8 key, you can go into Advanced Boot Options. At the top of the list, you’ll see the option to Repair Your Computer.

This option will take you into a Repair Boot mode on the System Recovery Options Menu. From here just Click System Restore

choose an earlier time to restore to

that did not work
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

Details?

pressed f8 many times, got nothing
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

You did this on the restart correct?

You have to restart and tap F8 like crazy until you see the boot menu