I was not able to play video lectures for a course I am

I was not able...

I was not able to play video lectures for a course I am taking and they suggested I needed to up date my google browser, when that is done, they said to turn off computer and then start up again. Maybe that will allow me being able to watch videos. How do I update my google web browser? I obviously have a chrome operating system.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Acer Chrome book

Technician's Assistant: What Acer model do you have?

It is not new, I can tell you that. How do I find what model it is? It is a small screen lap top

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. What's the brand/model of your laptop?

As I said brand is Acer, Model not sure where I find that

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Acer? Have you installed any updates recently?

No, I never new I should do that. I did look at options opening up the 3 dots on upper right corner, but did not see an update catagory

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I do not think so

3/7/2018
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Please follow these steps to update Google Chrome Browser:

Get a Chrome update when available

Normally updates happen in the background when you close and reopen your computer's browser. But if you haven't closed your browser in a while, you might see a pending update:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, look at the 3 dots symbol
  3. If an update is pending, the icon will be colored:
    • Green: An update's been available for 2 days.
    • Orange: An update's been available for 4 days.
    • Red: An update's been available for 7 days.

To update Google Chrome:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click on the 3 dots symbol
  3. Click Update Google Chrome. If you don't see this button, you're on the latest version.
  4. Click Relaunch.

The browser saves your opened tabs and windows and reopens them automatically when it restarts. If you'd prefer not to restart right away, click Not now. The next time you restart your browser, the update will be applied.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

When I open 3 dots I do not see "update " any where.
No,I am not spending any more money. How do I update Google Chrome browser?
I restarted computer, no change, still cannot play videos from course I paid for.

The remote service offer is generated automatically by the system, not by me. Please ignore it. We can continue via messaging.

Give me a moment and and I will send you more specific step.

Try these steos:

To manually update to the latest version click the Options > Help > About Google Chrome.

There you’ll see the current version you’re running and that an update is available. Click Relaunch, and you’ll be running the latest version in no time.

Update Google Chrome – Option 2

1 – A quick shortcut to the above process is to just type: chrome://chrome/ into the URL address bar.

2 – This will take you to the Chrome, About page. If an update is needed, just click Relaunch.

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri, Expert
Sheri
Sheri
Sheri, Expert