Ever since the latest update, I can no longer get my e-cards…

Ever since the latest...

Ever since the latest update, I can no longer get my e-cards that have a video. Where it should be, it comes up black. I still get the sound.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

HP.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Just since the latest update a few days ago. Made sure Adobe & Java were current

Technician's Assistant: What's your objective for this Java project?

I don't have a java project, per se. I can't open any greeting cards. Ones i've received & ones I want to send. It just started.

3/7/2018
Fran
Fran, Computer Support Specialist

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

Have you updated the adobe flash player?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
maybe. First I want to know if you understand the problem & know the answer.

You are unable to open and play e cards? correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can open them. I can hear them. But the part the is supposed to play, that section turns black

What browser are you using?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Google. I haven't had any problem until the last Windows 10 update.

OK. lets download adobe flash player. this is the software to run web base videos. would you like the link? Or would you like a remote service? I would remote into your computer while you watch as I fix the problem. This is totally optional service

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My daughter thought she did that Saturday. So let me have the link, please. I'm trying not to pay the $39.00. I'm a senior on fixed income.

Ok, book mark this pages so you can refer back to it. then click this link https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ Deselect the optional offers on that page. and deselect McAfee. and then install

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't know how to bookmark, so I just wrote down the site. I can open a new page. I already have McAfee. Should I do that now?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Go to Adobe?

it should tell you to install

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay. I'm a little scared, but my daughters want me to learn. Thank you for your patience.

sure take your time

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It won't finish the installation until I close Chrome. How do I get back to you? I have something in my upper right-hand corner that says "other bookmarks". Is that how I bookmark?

OK, do you see the star

in the search bar

it shows when you put your pointer over it bookmark this page

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
when I put my cursor over it, it says bookmark this page. I do that, close Chrome, finish the installation, & then open that bookmark?

click on that and you should find me in book marks when you come back

yes. see you when you get back

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
okay.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Done. I still can't see the cards when I hit the arrow to play.

Ok what is it showing when you try to play it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Black in the section where it should be playing. Not the whole screen.

OK, maybe the only way I can fix it is to log into your machine. So i can see what needs to be done. there are a lot of things that can be happening. Maybe a video driver issue, or program problem

I can offer that service for 10.00

You can request a refund if problem isn't fixed

Fran
Fran, Computer Support Specialist
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay. I appreciate the discount.

ok click on this link https://techfran.screenconnect.com/ and put this code 90410 in beside join and press arrow

Did you put the code in?

I saw you clicked on it. But we didn't connect.

ok connecting now I see you

I'm in your computer now

Thanks you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Fran,
Does this get me back to you? I really want to close out properly.

yes, but if you don't have the box at the top to rate. it is closed out. you just need to un book mark me. Thanks

yes just click the submit button at the top

Fran
Fran
Fran, Computer Support Specialist