How do I share my screen with another user? when I click on…

Customer Question
How do I share...

How do I share my screen with another user? when I click on the plus sign it doesn't give me that option.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

My desktop computer

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Its

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

It's a recently purchased HP with windows10

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/7/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue.

Could you explain a little bit about what you are trying to do so I can point you in the right direction?

Are you wanting to do a remote session with somebody?

Please ignore the computer generated Premium services offers, they are not from me!

I thought this site would tell me how to share my screen via Skype. I was attempting to do this last night, there is a + sign at the bottom of the screen that usually allows that function but it wasn't available to me. I thought this service was connected to Skype.
No please cancel and refund my payment.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

Was the plus sign grayed out so you couldnt use it?

You need to be in a voice or video call with the person you want to share your screen with. If you're not in a call, you won't have the option to share screens (that is, you can't share screens in an IM conversation).

I was in a voice call
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

Ok thanks, ***** ***** BOTH have to be using the EXACT same version of skype.. Or it will not work

If one of you has a different version, it wont let you use the function

He was able to share his screen but I did not have that option.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

SO this tells me you need to update your skype. If you have the older version then they can share but you cant

Why was it that he could share his screen and I could not? And how do I fix it?
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

Update your version of skype and let me know.. That should solve the problem you are having.

FYI skype doesnt have support which is why you are here :-)

Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

Read above... I explained it already

Got it! I'll be in touch. Thanks!
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

No worries... Thankyou