The power switch on my Dell XP’s 8920 blinks yellow instead…

Customer Question
The power switch on...

The power switch on my Dell XP’s 8920 blinks yellow instead of turning on the computer.

Technician's Assistant: What Dell model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

OS = windows 10. Dell XPS 8920

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your XPS? Have you installed any updates recently?

No, only turbo tax.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. I will provide you with instructions of what to try.

First unplug the power from the back of the computer and not the wall. Next press and hold in the power button for a good 30 seconds. Now reconnect the power cable to the back of the computer and try to turn it on. If it does not turn on and still blinks please let me know. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.