I don't have a computer issue. I want to know if there is a…

I don't have a...

I don't have a computer issue. I want to know if there is a way to find out when I created a Skype account.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Skype?

The latest update was about a week or so ago. But I do have older versions on my tablet.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

These accounts were uses only on my phone and tablet.

3/7/2018
Micky
Micky, Lead Systems Engineer

Having the account created on a windows computer, where you have access to your main.db Skype file,

you can use the "RegDate" utility:

http://www.pcdust.com/Downloads/RegDate/RegDate.exe

It will access your Skype activity history and provide the registration date.

Beware to make a backup of that file before using the utility.

Best Regards

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I said that these accounts were used on my phone and tablet. Will that work on either of those? If I run that program on any computer, will it still give me the creation date?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Anyone there?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't need you to connect to my phone. Just want to know if I can find the Skype creation date if the account was used exclusively on a mobile device.

My apologies, I missed that.

That program only run on a computer with windows, it will not work on a phone or a tablet.

Are you phone or tablet rooted?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, they're not. If I root my phone, will I be able to run that program? Will that program work on any computer even if I didn't create the account on it?

No, that program only run on windows.

I am thinking about alternatives to get the information you need.

When you create a skype account, you should receive a 'welcome' email. Can you search in your email archive if you still have it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will that program work on a computer that I didn't create the account on?These accounts were created over 9 or 10 years ago. I don't have any emails. I had actually forgotten about them.

The program will run, but will not be able to access the information you require.

It is used to look inside the Skype activity database used on the local computer.

9 years is really long time ago. I don't think you will be able to find the creation date.

Many different upgrades and Skype was recently acquired by Microsoft. Too many things changed.

I will opt out for this question, maybe some other experts will have further idea. Good luck

Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi

Do you still need help here?

Thanks

Kris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can you tell me or show me how I can find the date I created my Skype accounts. The accounts were exclusively used on a mobile device and a tablet. They are not rooted.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Or if it's possible to talk to someone from skype. A live human.

Hi

Are you looking for this info for recovery purposes?

Thanks

Kris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, just verification purposes. I can access the account. I'm trying to show someone this is an extremely old account.

OK, the short answer is, it is not possible.

The reason is when you are locked out your account, one of the security questions is the account creation date.

If you still have access to the same computer it would be easier.

We can, If you like go direct to Skype Live Support and see If they will tell you? They 100% have access to this information but weather they give it out or not, we can try?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've never been able to find a live person to talk to there. They only seem to have a virtual customer support system which is useless

I agree, there is actually a real person. I have two options for you:

• I can connect and get the live chat set up
  • Or I can tell you the details here

Regards

Kris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please connect with them and I will give you any info details you need.

OK great. Let me know once accepted.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Once what is accepted?

The remote connection offer, as detailed above this is $29 or I can give you the next steps at no extra cost.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, I don't want a remote Connection. I thought you were going to contact the live support. Just tell me how to do it.

Live chat allows you to use instant messaging to contact our Customer Services team via our website.

If you are a Skype customer, you can contact live chat support as follows:

1. Sign in with your Skype Name and password.
  2. Select the topic you need help with and the problem you’re having. Some information that might help with your problem is displayed.
  3. If the information doesn’t help, click Next.
  4. Select your contact method.
  5. You will see an option to request chat support. Click Text chat support.

A live chat representative will ask you to describe your problem, and do their best to talk you through possible solutions.

Please make sure your browser allows pop-ups, and you have no plug-ins enabled that could prevent the Live Chat window from opening.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.
If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.
It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Here is the link: https://support.skype.com/support_selection

Did you speak to them?

Can you do this from a computer or laptop?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm trying now

Thanks. i see it on my end

What issue did you select?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Both technical problems and how to.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
account and sign in

Use: Payments and Orders and then Help with an order.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. It comes up now.

OK let me know what they say, I will wait here

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok.

Any luck?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She is checking to see if she can get that info. She said it may take a few minutes.

OK great. Looking good so far.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They are unable to tell me anything. They are referring me to Microsoft faq.

OK, sorry about that!

Sorry I or them cannot help in this case my apologies.

Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer
Kris R
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer