We have this jerk next door that is hacking into our

Customer Question
Hello, we have this jerk...
Hello, we have this jerk next door that is hacking into our computer, is there a way we can change our comcast gateway and wifi passwords all at one time and possible offline? When we change the wifi passwords and then try to change the gateway password ***** get bumped off line. Chrome browser Windows 10
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/7/2018
Tech Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Good evening,

Are you talking to me now on a computer that is connected to that router/wifi? If so, we can do a remote session and I can log you into the router to make all the changes needed ASAP.

No I'm not, can all three passwords be done at the same time?

Yes, you can do that by plugging your laptop or PC into the router directly and visiting http://10.0.0.1 and logging in. From there you can change anything and not have to be "online" as you are directly connected to the router. Once you change everything and save it, the router will reboot and you can then connect all your devices to the new wifi.

If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reply. Otherwise, please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of the page, hopefully I have earned a 5-Star Rating :)

I hope you have a wonderful day,

Thanks for responding the problem is that when I change the two net lines and then go and change the gateway password ***** when I click login the computer goes to no net. And the jerk then able to get the two new passwords

You need to change the password ***** the router itself, then reboot the router and then change the wifi passwords... in that order.

How do you change the router password? Keep in mind that this jerk is on the computer the same time as I am and see everything I do.

Do you have a laptop and an ethernet cord? Or a PC that is next to the router, and an ethernet cord?

Hey there. I am sorry, I am not working right now, but when would you like to setup a time we can work on this? You took a week to reply, so I have not responded until now.

I'm sorry I got side tracked. When is a good day and time for you?
Also someone opens my incoming mail so I don't see them when that happens
Are you still going to work on this?
Please repost my question.
Tech Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem?

I really don't what to go that route, at least not right know
We haven't heard from you, is there a way you can just tell us what to do without doing a remote?

For a complete security check and resolve the issue effectively that don't allows your neighbor to inward on your network, Remote Session is needed.