I need help with a Netgear repeater. Nighthawk X65. I am at…

Customer Question
I need help with...

I need help with a Netgear repeater.

Technician's Assistant: What NETGEAR model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Nighthawk X65

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I am at the initial installation. No matter how many times I have reset the unit I can not get the unit to boot without activation the WPS function. My router does not have functional WPS.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Netgear

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Everything. Repeated setups that fail because the extender is in WPS mode. Repeated attempts reset the extender.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Is this a free service?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/7/2018
Tech Support Specialist: technicalcat, Consultant replied 4 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using this service. My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

To avoid WPS , have you tried using the netgear install assistant? www.mywifiext.net.?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

Also, this is not a free or $5 service. $5 is just a deposit. This is professional and guaranteed support for a fee.

Repeatedly and it fails because I can not get the repeater out of the wps configuration.
Can you advise how to reset the repeater to undue the WPS? I have attempted using the reset button repeatedly without success.
I do not see what you can do directly on my machine that I have not already done

Sorry for the delay in response. Do you still need help with this issue?

No
Please stop sending me notices as I have closed my membership.