With the new format to my inbox, I am unable to find the…

Customer Question
With the new format...

With the new format to my inbox, I am unable to find the proper way to forward emails.: the old format offered the options: "forward" (which would include extraneous material with the original message, "carbon copy" and "unmarked " . How do I access the latter two options?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No, I'm just on the chatline screen.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

It's not a reset problem. The old format offered these options. I can see nothing except "Reply" and "Forward" arrows at the end of the message on the new version.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm sure I'll think of something later. Right now, this is my only concern. Thanks.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
3/6/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Harold Hanna, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, I apologize for the trouble you are having with your email service. Are you logging into a web site to access your email, or using a third party app?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Harold,I'm as old as Methuselah (Sp?). And I don't do texting. With the old email format, three options to forward emails were printed: "forward", "carbon copy" or "unmarked sender" - or words to that effect. Or "Reply". I have located the "Forward" and "Reply" arrows., but I haven't a clue where to look for the other option indicators. And just hitting the forward arrow repeatedly doesn't seem to do .anything.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm sure there is a simple solution which anyone who understands computers would see without being told. I would just appreciate being told.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If charging me more money to "fix" a problem that should not exist, The, Harold, thank you anyway.

I apologize for the delay, it depends what service you are currently using. Are you logging in to a remote server, or is the email being downloaded?

You do not need to use the remote assistance at this time, it is only if someone has trouble doing certain technical things on their computer. I am happy to attempt helping without the remote connection, and we can continue discussing it here if you like. I need more information about the type of emails you are referring to, to be able to assist you with the question.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm going on Google Inbox Gmail, the presentation of which I'm still figuring out. The old format offered printed options I mentioned. After selecting the "Recipient", selecting either of the other two options word bring up the list of "Contacts from which to make your group selections. The revised version does not present the same, but offers only the two arrows.

Alright. Has this been the same email you have been using, but they "updated" it and now it looks different? Or are you new to Google's email?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
As you've guessed, my computer skills are limited, one of the few things I have been able too do for quite a number of years is do emailing -until they come along with a new, more "user friendly" format.

I do understand the inconvenience of this their "updates", I often revert back to what I am used to myself. From my personal gmail account, I can attempt to guide you to the CC and BCC as I see them on my screen.

If you are attempting to forward an email, you will click forward as you mentioned above. Then, the CC and BCC will be all the way to the right of the new email (the one you are attempting to forward). You can click on it, and then add the emails as needed to those fields.

For me, when I click the "Forward" arrow, the email pops up again at the bottom of the screen (to be forwarded). This is where I am also seeing the CC, BCC. Try scrolling down to see if you see it popping up, or attempt using a different browser in case the browser you are currently using isn't displaying things correctly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Harold,
I'm going to have to sign off. I'll. try your directions as soon as I have a chance.
Thank you very much.
***** *****on.

Alright great! I hope they help and again I apologize for my slow initial response in attempts at getting this solved. If you have any further questions feel free to let me know. I have tried to explain in as much detail as possible how I am seeing it from my end, and hope this assists you. If it does, you may rate me from 1 to 5 stars. I will be happy to assist with any other questions. Have a great evening Tom, and please keep me updated!

Hello Tom, did the resolution we discussed assist you any? If not, I am standing by to help!

Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna