A could of days ago Microsoft sent me a download link to…

Customer Question
Hi a could of...

Hi a could of days ago Microsoft sent me a download link to reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after the computer died. I now have another compurer running Vista and I want ti install Windows 10. When I try to run windows 10 from the downloaded link I get a message that say it is not a valic Win 32 application? Please help if you can . Marnie

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your software?

Te Vista opens but the new Windows 10 link will not install

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or version of Windows?

Yes I tried to install Widows 10 and another software program frm an external hard drive backup

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No dont think so Thanks , transfer me

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/6/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. That may mean the file you are trying to install, in this case Windows, is corrupt and you need to try to install it a different way or download it again. Go to this LINK and click on the Download tool now button and follow the instructions. Let me know if you need assistance.