Windows 7 won't load goes directly in to start up repair. I…

Customer Question
Windows 7 won't load...

Windows 7 won't load goes directly in to start up repair. I don't think that it is loading from the right partition. Had motherboard replaced now windows won't open

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Dell latitude e7470

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Latitude? Have you installed any updates recently?

No just the mother board replacement by Dell

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I've run a diagnostics and everything came back good. checked the bios settings and they are correct.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
3/6/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

To fix this, you'll want to boot into Safe Mode and then restart and the issue should be resolved. Do you know how to do this?

already tried that and that is not the fix.

Okay. Once you're in, there's several processes that need to be run. Can you do this and boot into Safe Mode with Networking? You'll want to run CHKDSK command and a few others

Tried that

Okay. Can you give me a list of what you'd tried already so I'm aware. The only notes I see is the motherboard replacement and the BIOS diagnostics

I know what the issue is just don't know how to fix it. It is pointing to the wrong partition. There is a partition that has the win7 OS and one that is the recovery. It is trying to open through recovery instead of the OS.

I see. I'd recommend something else then that would be easier. I'd remove the drive, connect it to another PC via a SATA to USB adapter (I can recommend one to you if you'd like), and backup the information to another drive. Once you do that, you can format this one entirely and reinstall Windows 7

What's your thoughts on this resolution?

It's a solid state hard drive and I don't have anything to connect to.

I see. one moment while I check on this

I'll opt out and let another expert offer their thoughts and opinions to help as well. Let me know if I can help you further. Thanks!

Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi

Do you still need help here?

Thanks

Kris

It has not been resolved.

Would it be OK to call you?